When to Decline the Job Offer
Posted on April 4, 2018
In a tough economy and as a recent graduate, you may be tempted to accept the first job offer you get — even if you sense it may be a bad fit. Although you may feel excited and lucky that you were offered a position, there are times when it is better to say no.
If you are looking to make a move in your career and you have the opportunity to be a bit more selective when it comes to the position, go into each interview knowing that you don’t have to accept a job that is wrong for you. Look out for these 8 warning signs and know when declining a job offer could be the best decision you ever make. Read the full article at Brazen.
- The hiring manager doesn’t respect your time
- Everyone seems miserable
- You’d be taking a step backward, not forward
- The company seems unstable
- The company has a bad reputation
- The company’s morals don’t match your own
- The recruiter seems dishonest
- The pay is simply too low.
For more career advice, check out my new book, Welcome to the Real World.