Tips on How to Relax and STOP Working…
Posted on June 22, 2017
Every Monday morning, we have a an Intern Queen Team call to check in and catch up. We start by talking about what everyone did over the weekend, specifically what everyone did to relax. With such a fast-paced business environment, every one of my team members really prioritizes relaxing and disconnecting over the weekends – even myself (which still surprises me.) For me, it isn’t easy; I’m good at staying busy, making plans, and multi-tasking, but the second I need to relax? I’m terrible at it. I started writing down some of the ways my team spent their weekend to see what I can learn from them. I thought it might just be me who needs to learn to relax more, but knowing how busy our world is I’ve decided that our readers might need some suggestions as well. Learn how about how the Intern Queen Team relaxes below:
- Manicure/Pedicure. Find a great deal at a nail salon near you (and make sure they have the massage chairs!) Sit back, relax, and make yourself look and feel great, especially now that sandal weather is here for most of us.
- Exercise. Just recently I’ve noticed that exercise can actually be relaxing. I’ve started to appreciate making the time to workout and focus on something other than my business. Our Campus Programs Manager, Shayna, is a runner and is currently training for her first full marathon! Every Sunday she has “long runs,” which can be anywhere from 14 – 22 miles. She likes to use this time to unwind before another week begins.
- Yoga. If running isn’t your thing, there are tons of other ways to exercise and release those endorphins. Look up a yoga class near you and give it a try! Many places also often a free class or two to new members. I promise, you’ll leave feeling like a new person!
- Catch Up with Friends. Spend time with your friends. You don’t need to shop or go out; just sit down in a cozy place, grab a cup of tea or coffee, and give yourself time to catch up. These relationships empower us – make sure you spend quality time with the people who are important to you. (link to blog about Framily)
- Naps. There is no shame in taking a lazy cat nap over the weekend – you deserve it! Most of us get up early all week and have so many plans on the weekends, so why not grab some extra zzz’s? Our Executive Assistant, Marisol, is always talking to us about her amazing weekend naps and how she uses Saturday and Sunday to catch up on some much overdue sleep!
- Do… Nothing. In the same vein as napping, give yourself some time to just do NOTHING. Plan in some you time where you don’t need a to-do list or a schedule for once. Sit around in your bed, flip through a magazine, watch a crazy reality show, read a new book – anything to make you relax and do something you don’t have time to during the week.
- Eat Great Food. During the week most of us are trying to find the most convenient food to eat to fit in our schedules. Take some time on the weekend to cook yourself a great meal or go out to a fabulous dinner with friends!
It’s SO important to take some time for yourself, whether you’re an intern, an assistant, a manager, or a CEO. Comment below and share how you relax!
- S Prev