Packing List for Your First Business Trip
Posted on April 2, 2015
Our campus programs manager is leaving for her first business trip on Monday and she is so excited! Since this is her first job after college, she’s never really traveled for work before – especially not for 8 days! I helped her put together a packing list. I hope this is helpful for everyone!
- 2-3 workout outfits (you will be inside of your hotel so you don’t need to bring bulky outerwear – bring thin stuff that doesn’t take up much room. For example, leggings, tanks, sports bras, etc.)
- Sneakers (least bulky pair) — Nikes are great because they are very lightweight
- Flat shoes (boots or flats) for daytime events *Note: Boots are a pain to put in your bag, so try to wear them on travel days.
- Blazer or cardigan (to look professional on the fly)
- 3 – 4 pants
- 5 – 6 mix/match tops for during day
- 1-2 tops for evening time (if you are planning on going out)
- Heels (if you are planning on going out)
- Hair straightener (if you have naturally curly hair like me)
- Hair Brush
- Toiletries Bag (deodorant, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and any other must-haves) *Note: I usually buy the travel bottles for all of my stuff since I’m not checking a bag. Also, my new obsession is disposable shower caps if you are like me and try to wash your hair every other day!
Note: Try to bring stuff that doesn’t need to be ironed – as hotel irons can be gross sometimes!
Large Tote Bag/Purse for Plane:
- Tooth brush/toothpaste (Note: I usually put these in my purse. You never know when you’ll want to use when you’re out for the entire day)
- Makeup bag (Note: try to only pack the necessities so your makeup bag doesn’t get too bulky)
- Makeup remover (I like the wipes by MAC in the travel size available at MAC Stores)
- Small brush
- Excedrin/Tylenol (just in case)
- Water bottle (that you’ll buy in airport)
- Wallet – credit cards, ID, AAA card (if you are a member) *Note: I like bringing a smaller change-purse like wallet for travel and not bringing my large bulky wallet
- Book (of course you are reading Welcome To The Real World)
- Chargers (phone, computer, tablet, anything else!)
- Tablet (if you are bringing both)
- Small notebook (for calls on the go)
- Business cards (if you have)
- Laptop charger
- Phone charger
- Event details
- Water bottle