I have 5 social media questions. Can someone please answer?
Posted on May 30, 2014
While I’m normally the one handing out advice, I now need some advice from you all. I read so many articles on social media, but I rarely find information that I can use and apply to my business. So I’m reaching out to all of the people in the blogosphere with the following questions. Please answer
- My Twitter page is for my business and my personal brand. Because we decided to combine the two accounts and not separate them, my question is: when I’m on personal vacation, do we stop scheduling our continuous tweets about internship postings and blog posts? Does the “absence makes the heart grow fonder” rule apply?
- We are already using Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram as a way to constantly interact with our audience. We also have a LinkedIn Page (personally and professionally), but should we be constantly updating that with content as well? How many networks is too many networks?
- Does Instagram need to be in order? For example, if I have a cool photo from last week’s event but I’ve already posted something on it in “real time” — and several other things — can I go back and post something else?
- What times of the day are most effective to post on each network?
- What percentage of posts on each network should drive traffic to your website?