CAREER OPPORTUNITY: GlamourGals
Posted on August 20, 2014
GlamourGals, www.GlamourGals.org, is a dynamic and growing nonprofit.
We are looking for other passionate, hardworking, and entrepreneurial individuals to join our organization as a Curriculum and Chapter Coordinator. Our office space will be located in Brooklyn/Manhattan.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Expertise in programs such as the Adobe suite, Imovie, WordPress or Salesforce is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite and Google Drive
Curriculum and Chapter Coordinator will report to Program Manager and assist Program Manager with:
- Programming and program events
- Execution of the Hot Pink Leadership Curriculum (college and high school)
- Mailings, calls, mass emails, conference calls
- GGChapters.org user experience, create content, and platform.
- Weekly updates to manager regarding user analytics and activity (sometimes daily)
- Weekly chapter mailings
- Volunteer trainings
- Review journals daily
- Conducts outreach to chapter leaders and volunteers on a weekly and ongoing basis regarding chapter activity and service reports utilizing Salesforce and excel
- Update program manager on new trends for outreach to volunteers
- Updates chapter statistics
- Attend local makeovers in the NYC area with the manager
- Provide additional support to at risk chapters in the NYC area
- Reregister chapters (fall): send invoices to leaders/advisor and follow up correspondence via emails, phone calls, and mailings
- Participate in team discussions and brainstorming sessions regarding new event and programming ideas.
- Assist President with: developing sponsorship and marketing materials, national press research and outreach, grant research, preparation, writing, and follow up, and other duties as assigned
About GlamourGals Foundation, Inc.
The GlamourGals mission is to inspire and organize teen volunteers to provide ongoing companionship and complimentary beauty makeovers to women living in senior homes. GlamourGals is working to build a movement of young leaders who provide a solution to elder loneliness. The organization’s vision is to end elder loneliness through a volunteer program that engages teens in critical skill-building experiences and promotes their development as leaders in the community.
Manicures and makeovers are just half the story. GlamourGals’ teen volunteers are organized locally into chapters, which consist of approximately ten members led by teen leaders. Chapter leaders recruit, train and organize their volunteers with the support of GlamourGals National. Chapters are established in high schools and colleges as independent school clubs or as permanent service activities within existing service clubs. Chapters commit to visiting their local senior home at least once a month to provide GlamourGals’ signature program of manicures and makeovers. In addition to makeovers, chapter leaders plan meetings, recruitment, training, and fundraising events, which involve their school and greater community.
GlamourGals National goes beyond just organizing volunteer chapters that provide ongoing visits to local senior homes. They provide training and mentorship for the teens in the program through a monthly curriculum, as well as incentives and scholarship rewards to encourage them in their local chapters during the year.
After 14 years, there are over 70 chapters established in high schools and colleges across 14 states organizing over 1,300 volunteers.