Career Opportunity: External Affairs Assistant Noble Network of Charter Schools
Posted on May 5, 2016
Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) is looking for an External Affairs Assistant to join their team in their downtown Chicago Offices.
Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve over 11,000 students from 70 different communities at 17 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Noble was named the best charter school in the nation in 2015 by the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, and eight of the top ten open enrollment high schools in Chicago are all Noble campuses based on ACT results. Our current strategic initiative is to serve roughly 20 percent of all high school students in Chicago by 2020.
The External Affairs Assistant will provide strategic day-to-day supports to the External Affairs team to ensure the ongoing caliber of Noble’s work and communication with internal and external partners. This will include supporting the work of externally facing leadership through a variety of duties including scheduling, communications, special projects support, and meeting logistics and preparation. We seek an individual who is excited by and thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for someone who is interested in fundraising, nonprofit organizations, and/or public policy. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Prepare initial drafts and correspondence, including writing, editing, and designing written materials, such as letters, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Conduct research and assist with identification of prospective fundraising opportunities
- Coordinate donor stewardship, including timely acknowledgements, reports, data entry, and responses to donor inquiries and requests;
- Manage and maintain accurate and timely donor records and other appropriate documentation
- Coordinate and organize scheduling, materials, and logistics for the External Affairs department
- Assist with planning and logistics for organization-wide special events
- Potential to take on the role of Secretary for our Board of Directors, which requires managing Board communications, completing monthly board newsletters, arranging logistics and assembling reports for quarterly board meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least two years of experience in a high functioning organization
- High degree of professionalism and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, think critically and deal with ambiguity
- Highly motivated, energetic, and takes initiative to anticipate the needs of the team and donors Strong attention to detail
- Able to develop a personal work and growth plan while contributing to team and organizational goals
- Bi-lingual verbal and written Spanish preferred, with the ability to accurately translate documents
- Experience with event planning and Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software preferred
If you’re interested in applying please send an email a resume and cover letter to Natalie Arroyo at firstname.lastname@example.org. The offices are located in downtown Chicago.