Career Opportunity: Events Assistant at EMRG Media
Posted on February 2, 2017
Event Planning Company looking to fill an entry-level position with an outgoing employee who would work well in a fast-paced atmosphere. Candidate must be able to take initiative, work long hours and have a positive attitude. This position is ideal for recent graduates looking to get their foot in the door of the events and marketing industry.
We are a Manhattan based full-service, marketing & event planning company and we are looking to expand our already dynamic team. In this position, you will get amazing hands-on experience producing events for prestigious clients, creating outreach campaigns and engaging in vigorous Client Development. This is a unique opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the industry.
– Work with the events and marketing team to plan, market, and organize special events.
– Recruit new clients through outreach by phone and email (Heavy phone calls)
– Develop and execute creative marketing and promotional campaigns
– Correspond and follow up with clients
– Attend regular events
– Assist with booking Parties and Table Reservations
– Organize parties and reservations
– Data research and input
– Other miscellaneous office work/ duties
– Major in the following relevant fields: Marketing, Event Planning, Hospitality, Communications or Public Relations.
– 1-2 years of experience in event planning and/or marketing
– Ability to work some weekend and evening hours
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution
– Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
– Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a timely fashion
– Enthusiasm to learn and be a team player
– Must be a true go-getter and self-starter
– Must LOVE to go out and socialize
– Personable with great verbal communication skills
– Love talking to people and making new contacts
– Large social network is a plus
– Proficient with e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs and social media outlets
Required – Excel, Telephone Skills, Microsoft
Preferred – Communication, Event Marketing, Promotional, Salesforce, Optimizely, Photo Shop
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
Interested applicants please email resume, cover letter, and email of yourself to email@example.com.