Career Opportunity: Branch Manager at Dress for Success
Posted on June 11, 2015
Dress for Success is looking for a Branch Manager to join their team in their Los Angeles office. Read below for all the position information and apply today.
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to almost 140 cities in 19 countries. To date, Dress for Success has helped more than 850,000 women work towards self-sufficiency. Visit www.dressforsuccess.org to learn more.
This full-time Branch Manager will work closely with staff, volunteers and partners to oversee the programs, general operations and maintenance of the Dress for Success Worldwide – West branch in our Los Angeles regional office and ensure that we are providing exemplary service to clients. This position will work collaboratively with the Dress for Success Worldwide team to increase branch efficiency, revenue, partnerships, collaborations and clients served. We deliver the ultimate employment development experience—a challenging mix of individualized programming, personal professional suiting, and career consultation services that reaches women wherever they are in their Employment Development Cycle.
Personnel Management – The Branch Manager provides management of the volunteers, interns and supervises the program coordinator by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Recruits, orients, trains, schedules and supervises volunteers, branch staff and interns
- Responsible for outreach to clients, donors, non-profit agencies, media, government representatives and corporations for services, opportunities and funding
- Develops and manages an annual volunteer recognition program
Program Implementation and Evaluation – The Branch Manager will oversee the branch suiting and all other programs and services:
Client Services – The Branch Manager ensures an optimal experience for all DFS clients by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Ensures a system of response to partner agency referrals beginning with the initial appointment for interview suiting and maintaining partnership agreement
- Establishes and maintains database of client activity, from initial referrals and agency interaction, specific to each client and total activity per program per year
- Responsible for projecting budgets and maintaining the actual budget for each program.
Inventory Management – The Branch Manager provides oversight of DFS inventory by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
- Maintains attractive and functional Boutique and Career Center
- Maintains adequate supplies of appropriate size apparel for DFS clients
- Conduct and coordinate clothing sales for clients several times per year
- Host local networking and fundraising events
Miscellaneous Projects – As needed, the Branch Manager assumes responsibility for miscellaneous projects related to: communications, community outreach and special events, the affiliate conferences and success summits.
- Demonstrated understanding of women’s issues
- Strong leadership, organization, management and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in fast-paced environment and be a great team-player
- Ability to take initiative and work unsupervised
This position manages Program Coordinator.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional evening and weekend hours.
• The annual salary for this full-time position is in the $45,000-$50,000 range.
• Full Benefits: Medical, dental vision, etc.
• This position is located in downtown Los Angeles
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org