10 LIES About Entrepreneurship
Posted on February 20, 2018
Before I became an entrepreneur I assumed several things; and those assumptions couldn’t have been further from reality. While this post sounds pretty negative, these were the (wrong) assumptions that I had about entrepreneurship before starting my business. A lesson that my first boss told me that I’ll carry with me forever, is that you NEVER assume anything.
- It would be easy
- I would have to focus on my passion – not my paycheck
- The more money – the easier it gets
- Managing a team is easy
- Building and maintaining a website is easy
- I would get rejected less and less as I got more successful
- I would only have to hustle for the first year
- I would easily make a lot of “entrepreneur” friends
- People could easily relate to the issues I was having
- People would stop doubting….(they never stop – no matter how secure your job might be)
Something important to remember, however, is that there are SO MANY rewarding things about being an entrepreneur — these are just a few things to keep in mind!